Monday, March 5, 2018

Celebrating Magnificent March






Well, here it is, March already. How is that possible? I've barely adjusted to 2018. Guess that just goes to show that time marches on whether we're ready or not. (No pun intended, but hey, if it works...:) So rather than playing catch up for the year, I thought it best to focus on what's happening this month.


Did You Know?

March 5 is National Cheese Doodle Day. Who knew? But any excuse to indulge, if you happen to like cheese doodles, can be a good thing.

March 7 is National Cereal Day. Do you like cereal? What's your favorite kind? I'll take Multigrain Cheerios, no milk, straight out of the box, any time of day.

March 8 is National Proofreading Day. More than likely many of us will be doing some kind of editing or proofreading that day.

March 12 is National Napping Day. Since it's the day after Daylight Savings, we all might need one.

March 14 is National Write Your Story Day. Who wants to get their story down?

March 20 is National Ravioli Day. Nuff said. I'm in, are you with me?

March 28 is National Black Forest Cake Day. Yes, there's a food theme here. I'm hungry at the moment. :)



Women's History Month

What memorable women in history come to mind? There are so many who made magnificent contributions large and small, not only in their day but for future generations.

Off the top of my head, individuals like Clara Barton, known as the "Angel of the Battlefield", who I did a report on as a 6th grader, stand out. Then there's my long admired favorite Harriet Tubman, champion of freedom, mentioned in last week's post. Harper Lee impressed this high school sophomore some years ago too, after reading To Kill a Mockingbird for English.

The most influential women in my life would have to be my mom and grandmothers. These lovely and inspiring women left a wonderful legacy; they loved my three sisters and me deeply and taught us much.

How about you? What great women shaped your life in a positive way?



A Blogoversary

March marks nine years of blogging here at Write Now. My goal, when starting, was to gain blogging experience. I've gained that and a whole lot more. The best part about it has been making friends with all of you. Wouldn't trade that for anything; you're treasures, all. Thanks for making this such a wonderful adventure!


What are you writing this week? What women were/are most influential in your life? How long have you been blogging? What magnificent things are you doing in March?


Happy writing,
Karen





Photo credit: Pexels


16 comments :

  1. Congrats on nine years of blogging. Funny that there's a National Napping Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nine years - congratulations! I'll hit nine years this November.
    Not into cheese doodles, but I will have some chocolate cereal on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Karen
    Wishing you many more years in the blogosphere. Here's lookin' at ya' kid. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen - I'm into my 10th year ... so ahead by a couple of months - but the friendships are great and I've learnt so so much. I'm a savoury girl myself ... but a delicious wadge of Black Forest Gateau to linger over on rare occasions can be oh so good - have a great month - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. National Napping Day! I'm celebrating it for sure! LOL
    Happy blogiversary.
    Q&A
    This month I'm editing (still) and hopefully working an a MG fantasy.
    My mom was the most influential woman in my life.
    I've been blogging for 9 years too!
    My magnificent thing will be...enjoying every day to its fullest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Blogiversary, Karen! I've been blogging regularly for six years now. Yes, the time sure flies, doesn't it? And I got a kick out of all the national holidays throughout the month of March. Who knew? My birthday is March 1, so I've already celebrated the best day of the month. LOL!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen: This month, I turn another year older. On the 30th, our church family will see a Good Friday play, part of which I wrote. In the meantime, I am still trying to get over the Influenza A. I am going into the third week of being housebound. I need to renew my driver's license in two weeks. I look forward to the first day of spring,two weeks from tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Natalie,
    Thanks so much! The napping day thing sounds like a good idea, right? :) Appreciate your ongoing support.

    Alex,
    Thank you! And happy nine years to you too! You were one of my very first followers, and I'm forever grateful for that. :)

    Jen,
    Thanks, friend! :) You're a big part of it, you know. n

    Hilary,
    Congrats, that's quite a milestone! I'm thankful we met through this blogging adventure! :) I too, am more of a savory foodie, but a sweet now and then hits the spot.

    Holly,
    Thanks a bunch! Yeah, I'm totally in on napping too. :) Happy 9 years to you too! Fun to learn more about you.

    Martha,
    Thank you! Happy belated Birthday to you! You should celebrate all month, I'm thinking! :)

    Cecelia,
    Happy Birthday month to you! :) I suggest celebrating all month since it only happens once a year. Hope you re feeling better and out and about soon.

    Happy writing,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm noting each of those special days, but I'm really noting the National Nap Day. I could use one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Especially loved this post, Karen! And to learn that March 20th is National Ravioli Day! As an Italian-American and a lover of ravioli, I now have a new holiday to celebrate. :) Blessings to you for all you do for writers! You are a treasure, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lee,
    Me too! Thinking we should put "take nap" on our calendars. :)

    MaryAnn,
    You can't go wrong with ravioli! Thanks for your kind words and support. :) Blessings to you as well.

    Happy writing,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your blogversary! To many more years on the blogosphere.

    www.ficklemillennial.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh. My. Gosh, Karen. You know what I focused on in your post? The cheese doodles and black forest cake. This is not good, Vicki. I need to stay away from those things. It's Lent!

    Congratulations on your blogversary, Karen. All best, my dear!
    http://victoriamarielees.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gina,
    Thanks so much! More adventures ahead! :)

    Keith,
    Yeah,that's probably my favorite one too! :)

    Victoria,
    Well, I focused on the food part too. Lol :) Thanks a bunch! Best wishes to you too.

    Happy writing,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on 9 years blogging. Wow!

    My mom and my grandmother are two of the women who have been most influential in my life. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts. Have a blessed day!