Monday, November 6, 2017

Miscellaneous Monday





How is November treating you so far? Hope all is well! Thought I'd kick off the month with a few links:  

Want to promote your blog/business/book/etc. in a non intrusive way? Would you like to remain genuine and true to yourself? Author Susan J. Reinhardt shares 3 easy tips in her recent post, How to Promote Without Being Obnoxious. Her guidelines can help you promote in an organic and authentic manner.

Do you get your writing related mail sent directly to your home address? In 5 Reasons Freelance Workers Should Own P.O. Boxes, veteran writer Jennifer Brown Banks offers her experience and advice regarding privacy and safety for the freelancer.

Have you ever been asked to offer feedback on someone's writing, knowing that your input might not be well received? How to Give Writing Feedback that's Constructive, Not Crushing provides helpful insight that may help you navigate these waters.

Are you interested in writing humor? Jerry Jenkins' has great advice about writing anecdotes in his post, How to Write an Anecdote. This seasoned author highlights 6 time tested tips to get you started in this department.

Need help creating characters? Author Laurel Garver knows how to create good ones, and lends her expertise in Five Things You Must Know About Every Character in Your Novel. Sage advice, for sure.

What are your November plans? Participating in NaNoWriMo? Has fall weather arrived in your area?

Happy writing,

Karen



Photo credit: Pexels

10 comments :

  1. Great links. I liked Susan's advice on self-promoting. I'm finishing up an extra project at work and am hoping that I'll have more time to write my book, work on my blog, and read this month. Just have a little more yard work to do first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the links. I try not to be obnoxious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first one caught my eye! I do not want to be obnoxious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen! All your links speak to me, so thank you for that. I think everyone's been asked to review something that underwhelmed. How do you say anything without being hurtful? Such a great need for advice in that situation.
    Like many in the writing world, I have trouble pushing and marketing myself. Susan's words will be very helpful, I'm sure!
    I just got back from a sister-weekend in No. Carolina. What beautiful colors and weather!
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  5. Natalie,
    Glad you liked them. Susan offered a good balance, I agree. Cheering you on with your projects!

    Alex,
    You are welcome. And fyi, you're not! :)

    Lee,
    It's a good quick read. I don't think you're at risk of being obnoxious. :)

    Ceil,
    I'm glad they all resonate with you. Hope they're helpful. Hooray for sister's weekend.

    Happy writing,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fall tried to come but summer is pushing back. Thanks for the info links!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karen - Thanks for the shout out! I'm off to check out the other links. They captured my interest immediately. Blessings, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karen - I'm sure those links are valuable ... time is rather more so at the moment - for me! We have a dose of windy autumn here ... finally summer seems to have gone off the radar til next year - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holly,
    Maybe fall will win out soon! :) You're welcome!

    Susan,
    You are welcome. It was a good post! :)

    Lynda,
    Thank you! Hope they're helpful!

    Hilary,
    Yes time is valuable, that's for sure. Stay warm and safe!

    Happy writing,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts. Have a blessed day!